Pinnacle Farm has reason to boast! Reportedly the largest post-and-beam structure built in North America in the 20th century, Pinnacle Farm has set the standard by which all horse facilities should be measured.
Nestled in a private valley in Cornwall, Connecticut, this country farm is located in a secluded setting on a dead-end road, with stone walls, ponds, and a stream hugged on three sides by State Forest. This magnificent site encompasses 140 +/- acres of pastures, hillsides, a splendid home site, and scenic views stretching out toward New York and Massachusetts, with New York City within two hours.
Pinnacle Farm and the 65,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility has been home to some of the finest Friesian horses in the world. The owner's passion for equestrian properties is evident: From the Vet Lab to the Belebro Training Mill to the Farrier Area - no expense has been spared constructing this one-of-a-kind and exquisite horse facility.
• Building construction commenced in 2001, extensive site work beforehand
• Grand foyer with hardwood floor, stone fireplace with fountains
• Large rotunda with 40+ foot ceiling with windows, rolled bluestone and hardwood floors
• Event kitchen and dining area
• Large conference room/exposition hall (unfinished)
• Two Executive offices with a phone system, kitchen area, and bathroom; additional Executive office with bathroom on the second floor
• Residence within barn includes:
- Fully-applianced kitchen with granite counters
- Two large bedrooms
- Two full baths on the second floor
- Laundry and half bath
- Hardwood floors
- Central vacuum
- Living room/dining room with large fieldstone fireplace.
• Equipment Building (50 x 100 x 16)
• Vet lab with x-ray facility, darkroom, pharmacy storage
• Full-service generator
• Sprinkler system
• Poured rubber flooring: breeding area, center aisle, all stalls
• Breeding shed with stall and palpation shute
• Three video-equipped Foaling stalls, 16 x 30 (one with viewing room)
• Fifty plus (50+) horse stalls by Loddon of England, 16 x 16
• Drive-in basement with two entrances: Huge storage area for trailers, carriages, farm equipment, employee lunchroom with kitchen and half bath. Additional large storage rooms and three (16 x 16) quarantine stalls
• Large service elevator to all three levels
• Feed room with a large walk-in cooler
• Farrier shop with direct entrance
• Tack room
• Laundry with two full bathrooms
• Central vacuum throughout the barn and basement
• Warm forced hot air and air conditioning throughout
• Storage for hay, shavings, and supplies
• Belebro Training Mill and separate round pen
• Nine large grass pastures with heated Nelson waterers and French drainage, four-panel oak fencing with diamond wire.