The spirit of the holidays is all about spreading love and joy around. This year, many of our company’s brokerages throughout Connecticut, Westchester County and the Berkshires are doing just this, as they give back to the community in as many ways as possible. Here are some notable team efforts, where the greatest gift of all during the holiday season, the gift of giving, is undoubtedly proven true.
It’s all About the Kids: Toy Drives
- Larchmont- Collecting toys for Hope Community Services, a local organization based in New Rochelle that helps to support community friends and neighbors in need. Larchmont team members ask that all unwrapped toy donations for children 12 and under be dropped off at the office, which is located at 1946 Palmer Avenue.
- Danbury- Served as a drop-off host for the Dream Come True of Western Connecticut Toy Drive. This non-profit organization began in 1984 with the goal of granting dreams to seriously, chronically, and terminally ill children from Fairfield, Litchfield, and New Haven counties.
- Ridgefield- Agent Kristi Vaughan coordinated the office’s sponsorship of a local family for the Ridgefield Holiday Gift Fund, an organization where efforts were made to collect toys and clothing for the children. After the gifts were all collected, Vaughan delivered them to the family.
- Darien-Contributes to Person to Person, a local organization that helps those in need while also educating others of the impact of poverty and injustice. Each year, Person to Person sends the Darien office approximately 25 holiday gift requests, and agents and staff claim an item to buy and donate.
- New Canaan-Agent Rachel Walsh organizes a Secret Santa throughout the office, where team members and agents have the chance to participate in donating gifts to needy children in the community and their families.
- Essex, Old Lyme, Stamford-Harbor Point, North Stamford and Darien- All of these brokerages take part in hosting a Toys for Tots toy drive. The program is run by the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, and collects new, unwrapped toys for distribution as Christmas gifts to the less fortunate children of each specific campaign’s local community. Our Essex brokerage was especially honored to have Old Lyme agent Bob Berry’s son, Private First Class Jeff Berry, dressed in his blues outside of the office on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, collecting toys for the cause.
Community Food Drives:
- Larchmont-Donated to Food for HOPE for the holiday season.
- Southport- Collecting food items for Fairfield’s Operation Hope Food Pantry from now through December 31st. Operation Hope’s Food Pantry, completely stocked and run by volunteers, provides over 200 Southport-Fairfield families per month with food, totaling distribution to over 123,000 meals per year.
- Madison-Guilford-Hosting a food drive for local pantries. They will be collecting items through December 17th.
- Old Lyme-Essex-Donated to the Shoreline Food Kitchen, where local families are served meals and programs are used to educate people about the community, poverty and ways in which all can help.
- Ridgefield- Collected lots of food for both the Ridgefield Food Pantry as well as the Redding Food Pantry.
- Washington Depot-Every year, team member Nina Johnson gives back during the holidays by donating food items to the Washington Food Pantry. Starting last year, she asked the office to also get involved, and together they have raised significant funds for the season.
Other Community Efforts:
- Larchmont-Sponsoring a shop local campaign, where participants can enter a community drawing to receive $1,000 in Larchmont shopping or dining credit by emailing a photo of a Larchmont shopping or dining experience to email@example.com. Photos must be received by 12 PM on December 22nd.
- Danbury-Donated a “Frozen”-themed tree for the annual Ann’s Place Festival of Trees in town.
- Old Lyme-Essex- Donated to local non-profit organization Warm the Children, as well as hosted a charity for a local Marine Corps Birthday Celebration, in which the office filled a basket with all kinds of gift cards and goodies for use in a raffle prize.
- Great Barrington- Taking part in the Berkshire Community Action Council’s Holiday Elves/Giving Tree program, where warm winter clothing is provided for sponsored children from disadvantaged families in Berkshire County that have been vetted by BCAC.
Thank you all for your dedication to the community and true holiday spirit!